Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TTT: Top Ten Tuesday (66)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's list is:
Top Ten Eight Books
 I (Your YA Librarian)
Have Lied About


1. Pride and Prejudice. I know I should have read it, but I haven't. I've seen the movies...doesn't that count? I have a firm grasp of the plot and the characters. I think that's enough.

2. Okay, I could just go through Jane Austen one by one, but I'm going to admit to it. I've never read any of her books.  None of them.  *English teachers cringe.* What can I say, I loved my some Bronte sisters (of which I have read every single book, thank you Dr. Simmons!).

3. A Wrinkle in Time. No, I don't read it every couple of years...


4.  Bleak House. Come on. Really? Bleak. House. But, I sure did get an A on my test. :)

5. Catcher in the Rye.  Never happened to be on a required reading list in high school or college. And yet, I've still had conversations about it.

6.  Uhm. Sure, I love Huckleberry Finn.  It's a classic.

7. Yep, I read every, single word in The Last of the Mohicans, the very descriptive book.

8.  Yeah, sure. I read all of James Joyce's Ulysses. Not. Have you looked at that beast lately? There's actually a whole chapter without punctuation!! Made my English major's heart quiver, I tell you!

I'm not really sorry I couldn't come up with the full 10, because I truly to try to read all the books I pick up!  How about you guys?  Any books you've been fibbing about?



1 comment:

  1. +JMJ+

    Reading other people's lists made me feel guilty about having been a high school teacher: I must have made liars out of 99% of my students! =P

    Now that I've read your list, it occurs to me that I've done a lot of "lying" in library settings as well. I'd be in a stall with a friend who pulls out a well-known classic which I haven't read and asks me, "What do you think of this?"--and I'd give a really vague answer that might imply I've read it. LOL!

    And I don't think there's any shame in not having read any Jane Austen novels. She's just one writer out of thousands (although her die-hard fans like to say otherwise). You were obviously reading someone else's books and getting a lot out of them. Good for you!

    I hope you'll stop by and check out my Top Ten, too. =)

    ReplyDelete