Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Book Trailer" Thursday: ENDER'S GAME

Ender's Game
By: Orson Scott Card

Instead of the normal book trailer, this week I've picked a movie trailer.  

I personally have been waiting for years this book to be released as a movie.  It always make me really nervous to have one of my favorite books be transformed into a movie.  In the past Hollywood has broken my heart with movies like Inkheart, Mike Myer's Cat in the Hat, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Percy Jackson, Lovely Bones, and well.. need I go on?  So, then why  do I still squeal with glee when I find out that some of my other favorite books will soon hit the silver screen?  Because there have been many successes:  the Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings and Hobbit, the Hunger Games, Twilight saga. So, let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best.  I do have a lot of hope for this movie.  Because the author, Orson Scott Card, has been very hands on with the script and casting. And if the movie is a flop at least you got to watch Harrison Ford on screen.  I know he's old, but let's admit it--he's still a hunk!

   


If you are interested in reading Ender's Game and the other books in the Ender's series. Let me just tell you... they are fantastic.  I have only read five of the novels and two of the short stories.  There are so many books and short stories in the series that it may seem confusing to what book to read next.  So, I'm going to leave you with a flow chart/book map to help you figure it out.  If all else fails, I've found it's best to read by publication date.


Lemme get some feedback?
What book-to-movie adaptations really disappointed you?

Which one do you think was a perfect adaptation?

There are many book-to-movie adaptations coming out in 2014, which one are you most looking forward to?

Which one are you nervous are about?

No comments:

Post a Comment