Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR

Hosted By: The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR

  1. Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
    1. It's book #3 of the Heroes of Olympus Series, or book #8 of the Percy Jackson seres--depending on how you look at it.
    2. Yes, I know I should have read it months ago, but with so many great books out there, it's hard. 
  2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
    1. Okay, so I've heard that Ender's Game fans will like this book... so this is a heck yeah!
    2. Also, I won a free copy at the Louisiana Book Festival--so double YEAH!
  3. Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
    1.  I have been meaning to read this one for several years.  Hopefully, this winter will be my chance.
  4. The Program
    1.  Because we all need to read more teen dystopians...
  5. Any of the Wimpy Kid books by Jeff Kinney
    • These books are as funny as they come
    • and nothing is funnier than the Shel Silverstien part of Last Straw
  6. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis
    • There is NOTHING wrong about rereading a book for the 7th time.
    • CS Lewis awesome with a capital "A"
  7.  A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
    • Because there's more to life then just YA fiction
    • Nature books are some of the best nonfiction
  8. Bone by Jeff Smith
    • I'm trying to expand my reading field and reading graphic novels seem like a good way to do that.
    • There's not much cuter than the Bone cousins.
  9. A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
    • Like I said there's more to life than YA fiction
    • The only nonfiction better than nature books are memoirs and biographies
    • The best memoirs include animals  
  10. Llama llama, Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
    • I love children's books <3 span="">
    • I love Llama Llama 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those, but I've heard the 5th Wave is awesome! I hope you enjoy your winter reading :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there is nothing wrong with reading the Narnia books (and for me Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter) over and over again! The 5th Wave is an amazing book you should read it asap :)

    New follower! :)
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete