Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Reader

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Reader
  
1. I can fall in love with Peeta Mellark, without having to volunteer as tribute.
 Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

2. I get to be a student at Hogwarts, without having to worry about getting detention in the Forbidden Forest
 Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling

3. I get to join Tris and Four in the Dauntless headquarters, without having to jump in and out of a moving train.
Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

4.  I get to spend my summers in Camp Half Blood, without spending the school year with Smelly Gabe.
The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan

5. I get to train with the Bard in 790 AD in Britain, without having a band of Berkserkers kidnap my sister.
Sea of Trolls Trilogy by Nancy Farmer

6. I get to explore the Faerie Realm, without worrying about Lord Hairstreak and the faeries of the night.
The Faerie Realm Chronicles by Brennan Herbie

7. I get to explore the inside world of a book, without being chastised by Aunt Eleanor.
Inkworld Series by Cornelia Funke

8. I get to make friends at Camp Green Lake, without ever digging a hole.
Holes by Louis Sachar

9. I get to explore Alcatraz Island, without ever being near a convict.
Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko

10.                  I get to explore the magical land of Wonderland, without being terrorized by Redd.
The Looking Glass Wars Trilogy by Frank Beddor

6 comments:

  1. Love the whole list it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant (and creative) approach to this list! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot. Unlike other library staff, I don't have an English background (mine's in the sciences); it really boosts my blogging confidence to hear that someone enjoyed reading what I wrote.

      Delete
  3. Your list is epic! Best I have read so far!
    I really need to read The Darkest Minds, I have heard so many good things!
    ­ MY TTT
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just love being able to escape into a book world, this blog post is similar to my Thankful Reader one... http://ouachitaya.blogspot.com/2013/11/ttt-top-ten-tuesday-thankful-readers.html If you wanna check that one out.

      Delete