Tuesday, February 04, 2014

TTT: Books to Make You Cry

Top ten books to make you cry

I absolutely love all of the books on this weeks top ten.  Just be warned you will need a box of tissues if you are going to read them.


 What do you do when you find out your best friend's days are limited?  

 What would you do if your second chance at success may be your downfall?  Is intelligence worth happiness?


Who can you trust when the world wants you and your family exterminated?


How could something so small bless the lives of thousand?
 Should you fall in love when you have to struggle for each breathe?
 Will things be the same at the end of an era?
How can you understand the world if you have never been outside of Room?
 Can you really go on living when your best friend hasn't, and it's all your fault?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my TTT! The only reason TFIOS probably didn't make my list is because I still have to read it...which I plan to do before the movie is released. I also still have The Book Thief and the last Harry Potter book on my TBR shelf.

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have probably heard this 10000x, but FioS is amazing! I hope you get to read it in time!

      Delete
  2. I love the Dewey book- I didn't put it on my list but it definitely made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the mistake of reading the end on a slow Saturday at the library. I was bawling and boohooing behind the front desk. I had two little girl ask me if I was okay. It's such a precious story especially for this cat-loving librarian.

      Delete
  3. Great picks! HP 7 made my list too, I cry almost from beginning to end - partly because of so many of my favourite characters dying and partly because I know it's the end of HP! My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried more because it was the end of an era for me. I consider myself to be a part of Generation Potter. It was so hard to let go of that piece of myself.

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in checking out Wintergirls, so I'll make sure to keep a box a Kleenexes just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different type of sad. It's very hard to read, and made me think about a best friend of mine that I am no longer friends with. I think the best books make up look inside ourselves.

      If you want here is a link to the review I wrote about it a couple months ago. http://ouachitaya.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-review-wintergirls-by-lha.html

      Delete