Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)
1. Meet Rick Riordan, JK Rowling, or Lois Lowry.
2. Get a literary tattoo. I was this close to getting the Big O and Missing Piece from Shel Silverstien until someone said the Big O looks like the guy from the Zoloft commercials
3. Name a pet after a literary character. I had a pet rat once named Percy for Percy Jackson, but I didn’t name him his previous owner did. I just thought it would be cool to have a cat named Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, Aslan, or Dinah. But you don’t have to keep it in the species your cat could be name Atticus, Four, or Dewey. I think Boo, Pip, or Malfoy would make good dog names.
4. Go to Platform 9 ¾. I’m a Generation Potter kid, what do you expect.
5. Through a non-Harry Potter bookish Party. I’ve had several HP parties before the releases of the movies and books. It started out as my friends, my family, and I getting ready to see the movie or buy the book together. But by the last book, the Potter Party’s were a HUGE deal (as in a reporter from our local newspaper showed up). I would really love to have another bookish party that isn’t HP or affiliated with a movie release.
6. Visit Edgar Alan Poe’s Grave
7. Host a book swap brunch with friends.
8. Own an autograph copy of Ender’s Game.
9. Build a DIY bookshelf.
10. Read the Giver 20x. I’m up to seven times and I’m only 23, so I know I’ll be able to do this.