Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List




Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)

1.       Meet Rick Riordan, JK Rowling, or Lois Lowry.
2.       Get a literary tattoo.  I was this close to getting the Big O and Missing Piece from Shel Silverstien until someone said the Big O looks like the guy from the Zoloft commercials
3.       Name a pet after a literary character. I had a pet rat once named Percy for Percy Jackson, but I didn’t name him his previous owner did. I just thought it would be cool to have a cat named Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, Aslan, or Dinah. But you don’t have to keep it in the species your cat could be name Atticus, Four, or Dewey. I think Boo, Pip, or Malfoy would make good dog names.
4.       Go to Platform 9 ¾. I’m a Generation Potter kid, what do you expect.
5.       Through a non-Harry Potter bookish Party. I’ve had several HP parties before the releases of the movies and books. It started out as my friends, my family, and I getting ready to see the movie or buy the book together.  But by the last book, the Potter Party’s were a HUGE deal (as in a reporter from our local newspaper showed up).  I would really love to have another bookish party that isn’t HP or affiliated with a movie release.
6.       Visit Edgar Alan Poe’s Grave
7.       Host a book swap brunch with friends.
8.       Own an autograph copy of Ender’s Game.
9.       Build a DIY bookshelf.
10.   Read the Giver 20x. I’m up to seven times and I’m only 23, so I know I’ll be able to do this.

4 comments:

  1. I love love # 7! That is an awesome idea! I hope you get to do it! Good luck with your list, its awesome!
    Here is my TTT

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to platform 9 3/4 too! I also really want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando. Thanks for stopping by our Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete