Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is...
Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read
We all have them! That author you know you should read because everyone else has, or maybe it's that author that everyone is obsessed with and the sheer idea of his or her books makes you bored. Well, here are my top ten popular authors I haven't read.
 

  1. Nicholas Sparks--The one of the lovers always die! I'll pass!
  2. John Corey Whaley--I have no idea why I haven't read his book. Usually, I try to read North Louisiana authors to support my region, but I just haven't yet.  The man literally grew up an hour and a half from my home, and is best friends with one of my colleagues.  I know I just need to go ahead and read Where Things Come Back.
  3. JRR Tolkien--I used to be ashamed by this, but now I am not.  When I say I haven't read Tolkien, what I mean is I've never finished one of his books.  I have read the first chapter of The Hobbit three or four times and made it to the second chapter once.  I love fantasy, I love the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, but I just can't read the books.
  4. Jane Austen--I've always heard other girls talk about the dreamy Mr. Darcy, and I just don't care.  Nothing is going to make me read a Jane Austen book.
  5. Stephen King--I've read the first couple chapters of several Stephen King books, but always lost interest and quit.
  6. Cassandra Clare--I haven't made it to the Mortal Instrument Series, and I'm not sure if I will.
  7. Libba Ray--I think it's because her name bothers me, I just read it as "Library"
and the last ones 8. Richelle Mead, 9. L.J. Smith and 10. P.C. & Kristen Cast... I'm just done with vampires.

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I love Tolkien, he's my favourite author ever but I understand that he's not everyone's cup of tea. Nicholas Sparks is my guilty pleasure read and I promise not everyone dies - try Safehaven - it's a bit of a thriller aswell as a romance!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-popular-authors-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized that I sooo lied, I have read a Tolkien "Roverandom" It's not a fantasy per se. It's about a little dog.

      Delete