Tuesday, May 13, 2014

TTT: Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

 
Top Ten Books
I Almost Put Down But Didn't

1.   Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
·      I almost put this book down, because it not an ordinary book.  Its downright odd, but Im glad I stuck with it.  This book is inspiring; it would be a great read for those having a quarter life crises.


2.  Echo by Francesca Lia Block
·      I debating whether or not put down this book, but keep thinking, Oh, its about to get interesting, but it never did.  Sometimes its okay to put down a book.


3.  Side Effects by Amy Goldman Koss
·      I almost put this one down because the main character was boring and unrelatable.  She said boring and unrelatable, but it was an okay book.





4.  The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
·      I almost put down this book because I had read a lot of fantasies in a row and was getting tired of them, but I finish it and LOVE it.




5.  Orleans by Sherri L. Smith
·      I almost put this book done because it was written in colloquial dialog and at first was hard to read. Once I got the fourth chapter, I didnt even notice.




6.  The Road by Cormac McCarthey
·      This book was absolutely depressing, lack hope of any type.  Its also a really, REALLY powerful book.  I returned this book to the library twice because it was too intense and depressing.  I keep on thinking about it and finally had to finish it.  Intense.  Thats all I can say.

I only have 6 this week. Usually, when I decide to put down a book, it says down.







6 comments:

  1. I remember reading Jonathan Livingston Seagull in school and thinking he's so miserable... I finished because I had to, who knows if I would had I picked it myself.
    I am quite scared to start The Road, I heard it's a powerful novel. :X
    And I understand your too-much-of-one-genre thing, happens to me as well. :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Road is so intense. I would be very wary to encourage someone to read it. I'm glad I read it, but I didn't enjoy reading it, if that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. I think I may actually own every book on this list, but I've only read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. (Don't ask questions about it - I read it in middle school and just remember a scene where the bird dived. Seriously, that's it.)

    I keep going back and forth about whether or not I should read The Girl of Fire and Thorns, but it's pretty much been ruined for me. Bloggers say she has a stone in her navel and is a little overweight, and all I can see in my mind are those Treasure Trolls. I don't know if I could take it seriously. :-)

    Great list, by the way, and thank you (as always) for visiting Bibliophilia, Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get past the Treasure Trolls it's really good. I didn't imagine her as a grossly morbidly obese girl, more so just rolly-polly-ish. If she was too large she (physically) wouldn't be able to do all the things she does. If you are a fan of Tanith Lee, you'll like it

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to read The Girl of Fire and Thornes, but I haven't gotten around to it. I know I will one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it. I read the first 3 chapters and it sat on my desk for about a month, but once I picked it back up I read it very, very quickly. It's in a series, but I enjoyed it so much and I feel like the story line rapped up well that I don't plan on reading further.

      Delete