Monday, June 09, 2014

Book Review: The Elite (Book #2 of The Selection Series) by Kiera Cass



16248068
The Elite Discussion

Title: The Elite
Series: The Selection, Book 2
Author: Keira Cass
Hardcover, 336 pages
Published April 23rd 2013 by HarperTeen
-------------------------------------------





Recommendation.
Readers who enjoyed any of the following book series may enjoy this book:
®    Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
®    Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi
®    The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
®    Eve Trilogy by Anna Carey
®    Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand
®    Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

Review.
Just like with The Selection, I was sucked into America’s world.  I love this fluffy dystopian, love story.  This book has way more excitement than the last one—more heartbreak, more indecisive hearts, more rebel attacks, also a very epic Halloween party.
Likes.
®    I love that Maxon throws a Halloween ball per America’s request. It seems really sweet, and the party seems fun.
®    I absolutely LOVE Maxon’s secret library full of banned books. 
®    I’m so glad that America’s family gets to enjoy the castle.  Seeing May enjoying the castle life is fantastic.
®    I love the party planning that the Elite get to do.  It shows the girls that they aren’t just competing for Maxon’s hand, but also to be royalty.
®    The Italian ladies are fantastic.

Dislikes.
®    I don’t want to give this part away, so I will be vague.  I HATE the day after Halloween.  It’s terribly heartbreaking.   It makes me so mad at the society.
®    I hate, hate, hate, hate King Clarkson. America is stupid, but I HATE Clarkson.



 Now, I just can't wait to read  
The One
 Oh and also the short stories-- 
The Guard and The Prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment