Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From



Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From
Okay, so I've changed mine up a little bit and my TTT is my most prized books.


Lois Lowry 
The first copy of The Giver I ever read, 
a boxed set of The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger 
(it also includes maps of each community),
a copy of Son,
 a copy of Silent Boy
and a copy of Gossamer

JK Rowling
All of the HP books, some in paperback tatters, some in hardback with missed dust jackets, some in prized condition.
For my 18th birthday I got a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 
It's the beautiful copy with a red stone on it.
I have a 10th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
 Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone in Latin
Tales of Beedle the Bard
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them  
Quidditch Through the Ages 
and a copy of The Casual Vacancy which I haven't so much as opened  
  
C.S. Lewis
All of the Chronicles of Narnia books in paperback
The complete set of Chronicles of Narnia in a beautifully illustrated book with Tumnas on the cover
Mere Christianity

 Lewis Carrol 
Of course I have a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 
 and Through the Looking-Glass
But I also have The Complete Illustrated Works of Lewis Carroll that my boyfriend found in an antique shop 

Cornelia Funke
All the fantastically beautiful Inkheart books in hardback
The Thief Lord

Nancy Farmer
Sea of Trolls Trilogy

 Frank Beddor
Looking Glass War Trilogy with its beautiful covers and colored illustrations

Rick Riordan 
Percy Jackson series (original covers)

 Jane Goodall 
A signed, yes I said SIGNED copy of In the Shadow of Man
My dad got her to sign it years and years ago and then recently gave it to me

James Herriot
All Creatures Great and Small,
All Things Bright and Beautiful

11 comments:

  1. Awesome list!

    Check out my blog as well. Maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! We do have Rowling and Lewis in common! Thanks for visiting Cornerfolds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.S Lewis and J K Rowling also make my list! I really need to read Rick Riordan's works as I love mythology plus I bought The Giver the other day; really looking forward to reading it! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last Percy Jackson is coming out this fall, so soon it'll be possible to binge read the series all the way through. Then Riordan is going to start on a Norse series... I'm psyched!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! I guess I technically should have put CS Lewis on my list, but since they're my husband's copies I wasn't thinking about them. Great list!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you changed up the list! Great books here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I hadn't I wouldn't have made it to 10!

      Delete
  6. +JMJ+

    Your twist on this week's TTT helps me put my finger on my writing my own Tenner was an exercise in cognitive dissonance. The authors we own the most books by are, in an objective sense, the ones we "treasure" the most, because we've literally sent the most money their way and gave them the most space on our shelves. But that's not always the case, is it? Even if I had hung on to my old Sweet Valley High collection, Francine Pascal would hardly be my most "treasured" author. =P

    To the court, I would like to present Exhibit A: my literal "copy" of G.K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy, which I wrote out by hand because I had no hope of getting one of my own. I have spent the most time on than on many of my other books and it is the only book I have ever done that for. But because it is only one of three Chesterton books in my library, this writer whom I love didn't make my Tenner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you agree. I didn't think it was fair that mostly serial author dominated this week. And I absolutely cherish my signed Jane Goodall good. She is some one I've admired for years and I wanted to include it on this list.

      Delete