Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Top Ten Books I’d give to a reading who has never read in a certain genre.






Top Ten Books
I’d give to a reading who has never read in a certain genre.
 1.  If you have never read a contemporary YA novel I would suggest Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.
15795357
2.  If you have never read a science fiction book that takes place in space I would suggest Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card.
 8045789
3.  If you have never read a contemporary book where the main character is of Middle Eastern I would highly suggest Does My Head Look Big in This? By Randa Abdel-Fattah. #weneeddiversebooks
 79876
4.  If you have never read a biographic graphic novel I would suggest Maus by Art Spiegelman.
 15195
5.  If you have never read a high fantasy novel I would suggest The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke.
 71366
6.  If you have never read a middle grade level graphic novel I would suggest Drama by Raina Telgemeier.
 13436373
7.  If you have never read a series full of prophecies, mythology, and folklore I would suggest The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott.
 17402605
8.  If you have never read a biographic about someone who is currently famous I would suggest Bossypants by Tina Fey.  I would also like to suggest you listen to it on audiobook because she narrators it herself.
 9418327
9.  If you have never read a fiction book about the holocaust I would suggest The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
 19063
10.  If you have never read an angsty teen novel I would suggest The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

22628

9 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to start Scott's books, I have been eying them for ages now and am excited for them when I actually have enough time to start them. :)
    Perks is awesome and I must read more Rowell as well. I read Landline by her so far and liked it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott's book are just fun--a prophecy, some magic, history, mythology! It's great! You HAVE to read Eleanor & Park, it's the best thing I've read this year.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list! I've never heard of DOES MY HEAD LOOK BIG IN THIS but it sounds like one I definitely need to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites. I've read many of her books.

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about Does My Head Look Big in This? It's always nice to find novels about Muslim characters, to counteract media stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun chick lit. I read it because of it's beautiful cover, and was so glad I did.

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about reading Bossypants - sounds highly amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maus was definitely a good pick for the graphic novel category. I did a whole list on comics. :) Here's my list, if you wanna check it out. :) I'm experimenting with doing them on YouTube now, please like and comment if you can :) http://youtu.be/dapaLyFe-N0?list=UUP4Ao6fj3mLXHqOSSxyqh8w

    ReplyDelete