Monday, November 03, 2014

Book Review: Sisters (#2 Smile) by Raina Telgemeier



17801394Sisters Discussion
Title: Sisters
Series: Smile #2
Author: Raina Telgemeier
Paperback, 200 pages
Published August 26th 2014 by Scholastic
---------------------------------------------------
Just to make it clear, if I use the name Raina I am referring to the preteen/teenage Raina from the book and if I use the name Telgemeier, I am referring to her as the author.

Recommendation.  
I recommend this book for girls in the 5th through 9th grade especially the ones with sisters.
 
Review.
Once again Telgemeier has done it.  I just eat her books right up! Telegemeier shares with the readers the joys and irritations of having a little sister.  She also shares about trying to fit in with older cousins, and that love is the bond that holds a family together even when they are a part.

Likes.
·      This graphic novel was easy to read, even for those who aren’t familiar with reading graphic novels.
·      I love Raina. She’s amazing! She is so relatable.  She obviously loves her sister and brother, but it’s sometimes hard to be the oldest.
·      Telgemeier accurately shows the ups and downs of being a big sister.  Sometimes it’s fun because as the oldest she’s allowed different privileges than Amara.  It can also be hard when you have to sacrifice your toys, time, and space for younger siblings.
·      I love the part about the cousins, and Raina trying to fit in with them.  I’m the oldest of my sisters, but the youngest of the cousins.  So at holidays I was often transformed from into feeling like a younger sibling. I can 100% relate to Raina’s cousin trouble.

 

 Click on the book cover to see my reviews on Raina Telgemeier's other books.

Drama Book ReviewSmile Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment